Saturday, September 03, 2011
Thursday, September 01, 2011
In one of Sheikh Muhammad Mukhtar Ash-Shanqiti's tapes on 'Yaqin' (certainty), he mentions the story of a scholar who was once afflicted with poverty.
The scholar had just completed writing the Tafsir of the Quran but due to his poor income, he was unable to publish his work. So he went and sought counsel from his brethren, students and teachers. They directed him to man who possessed much wealth and riches saying 'Go to so-and-so, he'll provide you with some money so you can publish your work.'
The scholar went and rented a ship, embarking on his journey and going by sea. However, it was by the Mercy and Divine Plan of Allah that as he set off, he saw a man walking along the seashore. He ordered the captain of the ship to let this man get on and ride along with them. When the man got on, the scholar asked, 'Who are you?' He said, 'I am so-and-so (mentioning his name).'
The man then asked, 'Where are you going (i.e. where is the ship destined?).'
The scholar said, 'I am going to so-and-so in search of his assistance in publishing my book.'
The man said, 'I hear you have interpreted the Quran?' He said, 'Yes.'
The man said, 'Subhan Allah, how did you interpret the statement of Allah:
"You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything)." [Noble Quran 1:5]
The scholar provided the man with the Tafsir of the verse, but he understood the intent that lay behind the question. So, he said to the captain of the ship, 'Take me back to my house.'
May Allah have mercy upon him; despite his needy state, he returned to his house, but with his heart filled with certainty that Allah would surely suffice him, take him out of this poverty and ease his affairs.
No more than 3 days had passed by when a man knocked on his door. He opened it and the man said, 'I've come with a message from so-and-so. News has reached him that you have authored a Tafsir of the Quran which he would like to see.'
Incredibly, this turned out to be the same man whom the scholar had set off to meet and get help from! So, he gave the Tafsir to the messenger who took it back with him. When the wealthy man read it, he was filled with amazement and admiration, causing him to return a pouch filled with gold and riches to the poor scholar.
We should never forget...
'A person has never held certainty in Allah only for Allah to disappoint him.'
Never will Allah disappoint those with "Yaqin" (certainty), "Tawakkul" (reliance) and "Husn Ad-Dhann" (good opinion) of Him.
Share Islam Team
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
- Al - Jazeera
- Al Tafsir
- Baby Names
- Calicut University Official Website
- Complete Works of Swami Vivekananda
- Date Converter (Georgian/ Hijra)
- Deshabiamni Daily
- Google Translation
- Guide Us TV
- Haj Committee of India
- Herald Tribune
- Holy Qura'an English
- India Road Maps
- IslamCan: Islamic Dictionary
- Islamic Inheritance Calculator
- Islamic Publishing House
- Islamic Research Foundation
- Jama'ate Islami Kerala
- Kerala Bloggers Directory
- Madhyamam Daily
- Malayala Manorama
- Malayalam Quran Search
- Mathrubhumii Daily
- Qaradavi's Site
- Qura'an Translation with Recitation
- Quran Lalitha Saaram
- Sacred Books
- Search in Qura'an and Hadith
- Solidarity Youth Movement Kerala
- The Indian Express Daily
- The Key to Understanding Islam
- The Students Islamic Trust (SIT)
- U.S.Census Bureau
- Washigton Post
- You Tube
- You Tube Islam
- islam onlive.in
- الحديث الشريف الصفحة الرئيسية
- മലയാളം ഖുര് ആന് സോഫ്റ്റ് വെയര്
- ► 2017 (387)
- ► 2016 (510)
- ► 2015 (1378)
- ► 2014 (1390)
- ► 2013 (3593)
- ► 2012 (1520)
08/28 - 09/04
- Akifah Baxter, Ex-Christian, USA - The Religion of...
- Indrani and Chandara, Ex-Hindu, Singapore (All par...
- Communalism Watch: In UP as BJP plans to surf Anna...
- Communalism Watch: Mukul Dube's Letter re Acquitta...
- How endosulfan poisoned Kasargod
- Allah Does Not Disappoint!
- Communalism Watch: Two from Hindutva outfit Sanata...
- Communalism Watch: Fascist forces around the Anna ...
- Communalism Watch: Probe Sanatan Sanstha’s links -...
- AMERICAN MUSLIM HISTORY
- Timeline: History of Muslims in America
- In Great Britain, hearing the call to prayer - ...
- Ramadan etiquette: A guide to your Muslim neighbor...
- Do critics actually read the Koran? - By Qasim R...
- Obama hosts Muslim leaders for Ramadan iftar (VIDE...
- Under Suspicion: Muslims in America
- Muslim Americans say life is more difficult since ...
- ഫിതര് സക്കാത്ത് നിര്ബന്ധം
- ARE MOST AMERICANS DEBT SLAVES?
- ഇസ്ലാം: ഇസ്ലാംവിരോധികളുടെ സ്ത്രീസ്നേഹം
- `Umar ibn al-Khattab
- ▼ 08/28 - 09/04 (22)
- ► 2010 (622)
- ► 2009 (1327)
- ► 2008 (759)
- ► 2007 (102)
- ► 2006 (360)