Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My non muslim parents





SISTER MARYAM
CANADA





Sometimes being a revert brings thoughts that hurt , embracing Islam is the greatest decision I have made, I truly believe that Allah showed me the way to him. But being the only muslim in my family and having several very good non-muslim friends, I pray and I am concern for them,I worry for their afterlife, do any of you feel this way??



It is one of the beauties of Islam that, with respect to the treatment of parents, it forbids the Muslim to be disrespectful to them even if they should be non-Muslims who are fanatical to the point of arguing with him and putting pressure on him to renounce Islam. Says Allah Ta'ala: ...Be grateful to Me and to thy parents; to Me is (the final) goal. But if they strive to compel thee to associate with Me that of which thou hast no knowledge, do not obey them; but keep company with them in this life in a kind manner and follow the way of those who turn to Me. Then to Me will be your return and I will inform you (of the meaning of) all that you did. (31:14-15)

In these two verses the Muslim is commanded not to obey his parents in what they try to tell him to do in this regard, since there cannot be obedience to a creature in sin against the Creator—and what sin could be greater than associating partners with Allah? At the same time, he is commanded to treat them honorably in this world, unaffected by their stand against his faith, and to follow the path of those righteous Believers who turn to Allah and to leave the judgment between himself and his parents to the Most Just of Judges, on a Day when the parents will not be able to benefit the child nor the child the parent. Indeed, such tolerant and beneficent teachings are not to be found in any other religion.

Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.
And, out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility, and say: "My Lord! bestow on them thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood." Quran 17:23,24





Before you go

As I slowly weep,
tears down my face,
looking as you quietly sleep,
thinking of how the years have gone to waste.

Before I see you for the last time,
quietly I pray,
memories crossing my mind,
my eyes run dry.

Before your death,
I prayed to Allah,
That on your last breath,
you said "La illah ha illallah muhammadurr rasullullah

No comments:

Blog Archive