Friday, May 16, 2008

I have an irrational fear of two things in life, spiders and thunder storms,




Sister Maryam
CANADA

I have an irrational fear of two things in life, spiders and thunder storms, lightning really scares me.
Tonight we had our first thunder storm of the season. I can't recall since when I really started to get scared of lightning . I think it goes back to my childhood.When I was really young, my grand mother resided with us off and on . I remember when a storm would start, she would get her Holy water from her bedroom and start splashing some everywhere , even on us kids. Then she would have us kneel down and recite the rosary . We had to stay on our knees praying until the storm was over. She used to tell us that God was upset at us and that was the reason why he was sending the storm to punish us. As kids , that was so scary. I think that those episodes just engraved a bad impression in me. Even if I try, I can't shake the feeling I get when the lightning starts.




Lightning strikes boldly in black midnight skies
Feeding its endless, malevolent cries
With fires erupting from places it chose
Creating a light in the dark as it goes

The war of the worlds, so common a theme
Flashes of light cast in fiery beams
The war set with lightness and darkness abound
One is left standing, one at the ground

Glare cast by moonlight caresses the sky
Darkness marches slowly, passing right by
The hilltops see rage with the passage of time
Battlefields bloody with crime after crime

And so they continue, the light and the dark
Now one goes down, with the shot of a spark
Light standing erect, darkness bleeds at its foot
Burned by great light, left as ashes and soot

But if light is the good and darkness the bad
Then why is our world always mourning and sad
If light stands for kindness and never sees defeat
Why does it always have death at its feet?

No comments:

Blog Archive