Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Targetting schools, is that taking care of terrorists??

Sister Maryam
CANADA

I can not post any more photos of dead and injured children, this has to stop


Israeli shelling kills dozens at UN school in Gaza
by GazaTalk | Tue, 01/06/2009 - 21:53
The civilian death toll in Gaza increased dramatically today, with reports of more than 40 Palestinians killed after missiles exploded outside a UN school where hundreds of people were sheltering from the continuing Israeli offensive.

Two Israeli tank shells struck the school in Jabaliya refugee camp, spraying shrapnel on people inside and outside the building, according to news agency reports.

The medical director of the hospital in Jabaliya told the Guardian 41 bodies had been brought in so far and more could be on the way. Reuters journalists filmed bodies scattered on the ground amid pools of blood and torn shoes and clothes.

In addition to the dead, several dozen people were wounded, hospital officials said. The Israeli military said it was looking into the reports.



No one can take away from me


My identity,
For it is mine.

Palestinian am I.

I am the river that flows

Through my land.

I am the mountain

Noble and magnificent

Rising up out of chaos and destruction.

I greet the morning sun

That shines down on my fertile valleys

And parches my barren desert.

I am the red poppy and yellow daffodil

That grow upon my bloodstained hills.

I am the battle cry of freedom

That echoes through my corridors

And every fiber of my being.

Palestinian am I.

I am the proud owner of

Orange orchards and lemon blossoms

And honey bees, wild and free.

I am the David child wielding a single stone

Against the Israeli Goliath.

I am not afraid,

For truth is with me and God is on my side.

If I die,

A choir of angels will honor me

And later, my parents will grasp my outstretched hand

And join me in Heaven.

I am the tears of

Mothers weeping for their dead sons.

I am the footsteps of ancient prophets

Who foretold of doom and destruction

To those who torture and oppress me.

My brethren are the doves, hummingbirds and seagulls

That fly unhindered above my sea.

I am Palestinian,

Therefore, I am.

No one can take my identity

Away from me,

Not tanks or guns or bombs

Meant to desecrate me and kill me.

My country lives in me.

I am the cry of liberty

No matter what they take from me,

They can

’t take away my identity
Or my dignity.

Palestinian am I.

by Edna Yaghi

No comments:

Blog Archive